Therapath Neuropathology is a leading pathology laboratory that offers expert, comprehensive and prompt neuropathology services throughout the United States and abroad.
- Muscle Biopsy Studies: including routine histology, immunohistochemistry and enzyme histology for diagnosis of muscular dystrophies, inflammatory myopathies such as dermatomyositis or polymyositis, or other metabolic, toxic or inherited muscle diseases and Electron Microscopy
- Nerve Biopsy Studies: including routine histology, teased fiber analysis, and immunohistochemistry for diagnosis of CIDP, vasculitic, demyelinating neuropathies, sarcoid or amyloid neuropathy and Electron Microscopy
- Skin Biopsy Studies for:
- Electron Microscopy for the diagnosis of CADASIL and storage disorders
- Epidermal Nerve Fiber Density (ENFD)
- Sweat Gland Nerve Fiber Analysis (SGNFD)
- Ophthalmic Pathology
- These studies include the analysis of specimens from the cornea, conjunctiva, sclera, orbit and lacrimal sac. The larger specimens that are received include the orbital contents (from enucleation surgery) and the contents of the eye (from evisceration surgery).
- Therapath’s testing includes routine histology, immunohistochemistry , immunoflourescence with an option for both lamda and kappa light chain immunoglobulins. Staining panels include testing of specimens for infectious disease , Immonoflourescence, Melanocytic lesions, Lymphoid lesions, Sebaceous lesions and Corneas.
- Brain and spinal cord autopsy specimens, including dementias
- Brain and spinal cord tumor biopsy and resection specimens
- Non-neoplastic brain and spinal cord biopsy specimens