Therapath is a CAP accredited laboratory that offers expert, comprehensive and prompt neuropathology services to hospitals, private practitioners, reference laboratories, pharmaceutical industry, and researchers.
Pathological evaluations include:
- Muscle biopsy studies: including routine histology, immunohistochemistry and enzyme histochemistry, for diagnosis of muscular dystrophies, inflammatory myopathies such as dermatomyositis or polymyositis, or other metabolic, toxic, or inherited muscle diseases.
- Nerve biopsy studies: including routine histology, immunohistochemistry, resin histology and teased fiber analysis to distinguish a demyelinating neuropathy from an axonal neuropathy as well as to establish a diagnosis of vasculitis, amyloidosis and other disorders.
- Skin biopsy studies: Small fiber neuropathy evaluation with epidermal nerve fiber density and sweat gland nerve fiber density.
- Consultation: for neoplastic and non-neoplastic surgical and autopsy neuropathology specimens.
- Technical and/or professional services are available
- Biopsy specimens accepted Monday through Saturday
- Direct billing to the patients’ insurance plan
- All insurance plans accepted for reimbursement
- Kits and shipping for biopsy specimens provided at no charge
- Services available nationally
For more information about our pathological services, biopsy kits, or instructions, contact us by phone at 800-681-4338 or visit our web site at www.therapath.com.